Resolved iCal - "Add a Mac OS X server account" fails

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by JWindebank, Oct 10, 2011.

1. JWindebank, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011

JWindebank
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

Hi all. I have finally got networked users working on my Lion Server environment however have hit a stumbling block with getting a shared iCal environment up and running. I have setup the iCal service to be on in Server.app however receive an error when trying to set up an account. Here are the steps I take.

1. Login as a user (have tried local administrators, network administrators and network users on both the server and clients).
    2. System Preferences.
    3. Mail, Contacts & Calendars.
    4. Add Account - Other.
    5. Add a Mac OS X server account, Create.
    6. Select the Lion Server, Continue.
    7. Have tried combinations of Full Name, Username and Password for different users.
    8. When I click Setup it comes back with a message saying "Unable to verify user credentials".

There is the following entry in the console, but no other information available:

9/10/11 11:47:48.779 PM System Preferences: The operation couldn’t be completed. (kCFStreamErrorDomainHTTP error 404.)

I have googled everywhere and am out of ideas, does anyone have any suggestions please? Not even sure where to look next...

Thanks.

2. JWindebank
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors newbie

So Terry Walsh from wegotserved.com was able to help provide the answer to this. The problem was in step 6 where I selected the Lion Server name, this was somehow incorrect. If I enter the FQDN of the server here then the connection is made successfully.