iCal Add-on... Crossing out dates?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sensen, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Sensen macrumors newbie

So this may seem like something that no one would really bother to make, but I figure I will ask about it anyway. I feel that iCal would be of greater use to me if I could perhaps download an add-on (or maybe I'm missing a setting that does this?) that will perhaps cross out or shade dates passed. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could recommend an add-on or something that would cross/shade out the dates that have passed so that I can visually see quickly and easily how much of the month is left. Again, may seem pointless, but I would love it if you could help me out!

Thanks in advance, hopefully this won't be my only post here ;3

2. Sensen thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

I was looking for an App to do this in iCal and your thread was the first thing that shows in Google. I have a 3 week project that I needed to cross out the days on the calendar. Necessity is the mother of invention.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Well, Today is always shaded. That's a good marker. Why do you need prior days shaded also?

5. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Perhaps a simple Project Management software would be more appropriate.

6. maddie38375 macrumors newbie

I hear ya

I actually think of my calendar as a to-do list, and I just enjoy the satisfaction of crossing things off as I get them done. I actually print my iCal calendar so I can post it above my desk and cross off days as they pass. I'm not sure why exactly, but I just like to be able to do that. Being able to "x" out the days passed would make my calendar seem less daunting as the month goes on, and I think I would love the feature you're describing!