iCal & Address Book - Exchange ActiveSync in Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by btownguy, Jul 28, 2009.

1. btownguy macrumors 6502

I didn't know whether to post this in the OS X forum or the Applications forum, but it ended up here. I know that Snow Leopard is going to have Exchange support built in. This is great for business users on business networks, but I have what I think may be a unique requirement. I need the ability for iCal and Address Book to be able to sync with the Exchange Calendar & Contacts...through ActiveSync in the exact same way that the iPhone does. Specifically, going through the webmail (OWA) server on the Internet. Can this be done?

True native Exchange connectivity only works on our corporate LAN, but we do allow mobile devices that support ActiveSync (Windows Mobile, iPhone, etc) to sync data using the webmail address. Will it be possible in Snow Leopard to connect to Exchange like this and sync iCal and Address Book? I don't keep separate personal and work Calendars. Same for Contacts. I have one single repository and would like for it to be consistent across my work and personal computers.

2. btownguy thread starter macrumors 6502

3. fm2503 macrumors member

fm2503

The E2K7 support in SL basically uses the web services that came with E2K7 - ie it talks HTTP(S) via the CAS. So it works wherever you can get HTTP(S) connectivity to what is required.

Indeed the configuration of the E2K7 account in mail.app includes both an internal and external server definition. Happily the wizard got it right for me, and auto completed it all out (and configured Address Book & iCal automatically as well, both of which work in the same way).