iCal after Mavericks update

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by theiintig, Oct 25, 2013.

1. theiintig macrumors newbie

I updated to Mavericks and the monthly view in my iCal shows 6 weeks instead of 5 weeks of the month (see attached image). This is true of all months; it adds an additional week for the next month. Is there a way I could restrict iCal, so it only shows me the 4 or 5 weeks of the month in the monthly view?

Attached Files:

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I notice this also for all months, and I don't see a way to change it.

I think what Apple did was make is six weeks (rows) for all months so it looks consistent no matter which month you are in. For example, March 2014 needs all six rows, but most other months only need five. Under Mt. Lion this would jump back and forth between five and six weeks depending on which month it was.

3. sallymarie macrumors newbie

The time appears if event has more than 1 line

After Mavericks update, the time appears on both the Day and the Week view, if more than 1 line is used for an Event. I often use several lines for an Event not necessarily using the correct times ,just to make the Event seem bigger on ical. HOW DO I GET RID OF THE ANNOYING TIME STAMP THAT IS APPEARING...SUCH AS

7:30A
    TEST
    Scheduled: Oct 30, 2013, 7:30:00 AM to 10:00:00 AM

If I scrunch it to 1 line, the 7:30a doesn't appear, but 2 lines of more it appears. How do I get rid of the TIME??

Thanks in advance !