iCal Alarms Popping Up Late?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by T3hPreacher, Oct 31, 2011.

1. T3hPreacher, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012

T3hPreacher macrumors member

Basically, I'm having an issue with reminders in iCal popping up several minutes to at least a half hour after the time the event is set to start. iCal is set to automatically create reminders for five minutes prior to the beginning of any new event. When the calendar is synced to iCloud and then to my iPhone, the alarms pop up fine in the phone, but still delay on my Mac.

Anybody know what the deal could be? The problem began when I installed Lion last year, and 10.7.3 made the issue more pronounced. I've already tried deleting my calendar's cache. The only thing I can think to try would be a clean install of Lion from my USB backup of the installer (I installed it over 10.6).

2. fbottone macrumors newbie

I'm seeing this strange behavior too, since Lion. Curious to know if there is a fix out there? It's extremely inconvenient missing meetings for work... :(

3. T3hPreacher thread starter macrumors member

4. MobiusStrip macrumors regular

This is a known defect.

I filed a bug on this, and it was closed as a duplicate.

Interestingly, the original is listed as closed too (but I can't see any further details). Still a major problem in 10.7.4.

5. mdh98368 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know of an update or new solution?

I'm having this exact same issue and am just curious as to whether anyone knows if there is anything new to add on this problem.

6. MobiusStrip macrumors regular

I'm going to install Mountain Lion, so we'll see if it continues. iCal is messed up; I still get alarms going off on my phone that are set for times that you can't even enter in the UI (such as exact times of day like 3:37 p.m.) that have nothing to do with the appointment time.

7. brizone macrumors newbie

Still happening...

Still a problem in 10.7.5 with iCal 5.0.3.

Sick of this bull. Why can't apple fix such a basic problem?