iCal alert frequency...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SnapperNZ, Oct 12, 2009.

1. SnapperNZ macrumors newbie

Is it possible to change the frequency of the alerts - when an alert pops up I can only "remind" myself in either (something like) 15mins, 30mins, 1 hour, 2 hours, NEXT DAY or NEXT WEEK.

I want 4 hours, 8 hours and 12 hours ideally - going from 2 hours to NEXT DAY is a big gap!

Any ideas anyone?

I've had a good look around the net and unfortunately it seems searches find a lot of people looking for ways of sending email alerts using iCal - something that's pretty easy to do from what I can see.

I've searched for "iCal Alert Frequency" and "iCal Alarm Frequency" - no joy....

Snapper

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I also looked in iCal Help and Preferences and did not find any way to change the "snooze" intervals. But I did find this:

So you could set a second alarm, but it would be saved for the next occurrence, if it's a recurring alert. You asked for any ideas, so here goes...

Instead of clicking the "snooze" arrow, click the magnifying glass. That will bring up the Edit window for that alert. You can then set a second or third or fourth alert time.