Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coolnat2004

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Well, my iCal alerts used to alert whenever they were supposed to even when iCal was closed. But now, I can only get the alerts if iCal is left open.

I do not have "Disable alerts when iCal is closed" checked. Is there any way to fix this? It's rather irritating.

Thanks!

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I have this same problem, except some calendars alert normally, even when iCal is closed, and others don't alert at all.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
I've not had this problem, but I usually have iCal running in the background. If you've got the right preferences settings already, as you stated, the only other thing I can think of is to repair permissions. You might try a new .plist file as well.

Edit: I just ran a test with iCal closed, and each of my ~7 calendars all worked as well.

zweigand

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Coolnat2004 said:
Well, my iCal alerts used to alert whenever they were supposed to even when iCal was closed. But now, I can only get the alerts if iCal is left open.

I do not have "Disable alerts when iCal is closed" checked. Is there any way to fix this? It's rather irritating.

Thanks!
Have you deleted the iCalAlarmScheduler from your login items?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Coolnat2004 said:
Alright, deleting the plist files worked great! Thanks a lot guys!
I tried to fix the alerts, duped some of my events accidentally. Removed the dupes - we'll see tomorrow if alerts behave normally again, since I have an alert scheduled for a calendar that didn't alert before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.