iCal alerts on Mobile phone.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by satyam90, Feb 18, 2008.

1. satyam90 macrumors regular

satyam90

Is there any application or way to get alerts on my mobile from iCal events? I have set few notifications in my iCal, but it will be shown on my Mac only. If there is any application that can send SMS to my mobile, it will be of great help.
    Regards,
    Satya.

2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

which mobile?

if you have an iPhone it works great :)

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It also works fine on the last two or three Sony Ericsson phones I've had (currently on a k810i)

4. joelovesapple macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple

5. blueuniform macrumors newbie

iCal alerts on iPhone Needed

I REALLY want to buy an iphone, but the lack of event/appointment reminders is stopping me. You see, I now use a palm centro cell phone. I can use it's calendar to set up all my daily meetings, appointments, whatever. Then, when one comes up, it goes off with a LOUD ring alert (set to any of several sounds). If it is in my pocket, or in another room, and I don't pick it up and hit OK, or cancel, it will continue to go off every 15 seconds until it gets my attention. I REALLY want to get an iphone, but I absolutely need to have the iCal app on the iphone to give me a real alert when a scheduled event comes up. The iphone will only give you a small notice on the screen and a SINGLE, quick chirp the way it works right now. IF you miss it, you're screwed. You can't hear it in your pocket, or in another room. And, it only gives that silly, pathetic, 1-single chirp! What good is that? As good as the rest of the iphone's features are, (awesome!), I can't believe it lacks the basic ability to have iCal give scheduled event alerts. It should go off in a LOUD sound, selectable by the user, and should go off initially for at least 15 seconds, and then every 15 seconds if you don't respond, so it WILL get your attention. I can't afford to miss meetings, lunches, scheduled calls, etc. I want to do my daily schedule on my mac, then have it auto sync to iphone thru mobileme, and give me REAL iCal alerts!!!! Until then, I can't take the chance on iphone.