iCal (and alternatives)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Smileyguy, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Smileyguy macrumors 6502

I've recently started playing with iCal after having a go with Google Calendar. One thing that's really bugging me: in the to-do list is there any way to indent tasks as one can do in Google Calendar?

For example, can I create a task 'Finish article' assigned to a calendar 'Work', but then have indented sub tasks underneath, for example 'Do interviews', 'Plan out article', 'Check spelling' etc?

Is this possible? If not I may give iCal a miss to be honest. Thinking about alternatives. Any other suggestions for free apps that combine calendar with a good to-do function would be useful.

Thanks.

2. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

From what I can see

your best bet is to start a New Calendar for the main project and track its tasks as separate To Dos. If you want to see how those tasks stack up against your main cal or others you've started, check or uncheck the boxes to the left. It's a different way to get where you want to go.

Cheers! :cool:

3. Smileyguy thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks.

I have thought about that, but I already have enough calendars and would quickly have far too many if I did that, I think.