iCal and Birthdays

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Nicksd84, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Nicksd84 macrumors 6502

Did a search, but didn't find my issue. So here it goes. When I enter a birthday on the iphone and sync back with my macbook, the birthdays show up a day later in the address book on my macbook and subsequently a day later on my birthdays calendar in iCal.

The odd thing, is that the birthday date stays correct in my iphone contact listing. Anyone have any ideas?

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Are the time zones on your Mac and iPhone both set the same?

3. Nicksd84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea. It seems to be a problem syncing with contacts though. Because the date goes a day later in the contacts info in my address book on the macbook. And then the calendar is just pulling the data from there.

4. SouthernThik macrumors newbie

Mine has done a similar thing, but it did to every existing contact, not just new ones. EVERY birthday I have saved in contacts is now one day later than it should be. The contact info on my phone, computer (I use a Microsoft exchange server to connect to Outlook), and my iPAD are all incorrect.

This just happened recently, after I upgraded to iOS4.

I can't restore from back up either because it's synchronized incorrectly across all my devices.