iCal and Dropbox: calendar entries disappeared

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eoren1, Feb 4, 2010.

1. eoren1 macrumors 6502

I have been using Dropbox for months to keep my iCal in sync between different Macs. All was well until I opened up my Macbook a few minutes ago and saw my 4 calendars but no entries....anywhere! I went back and forth a few months but don't see any entries.
    Went into Finder to see if the symbolic link was still in place. Didn't see it under ~/Library/Calendars so I went into terminal and typed:
    ln -s ~/Dropbox/Calendars/ ~/Library/Calendars

Got a reply that the file already exists and, sure enough, when rechecking in Finder, found the Calendars folder with the symbolic link arrow.
    Reopened iCal but still no entries.

Anyone with suggestions?
    Thanks,
    E

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Create a Gmail account for free, then create a google calendar, and sync it to your iCal on each mac. Make an entry in one...all others are updated, plus gCal gives you access incase you aren't near one of your macs, but do have access to a computer or phone somewhere with internet.

Oh, and check the original file for entries with no sym-link, if it's there. back it up, then delete the sym-link, and re-create it...see if that fixes it.

3. eoren1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Got an answer off the Dropbox website. Went to my dropbox web folder, clicked on the Calendar Cache file and restored a version from earlier in the day. Opened up iCal and all is back in place.
    E