iCal and google calendar problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by budge9, Feb 7, 2011.

1. budge9 macrumors member

Basically I need to view my boss' calendar on my pc. He uses iCal and an iphone and syncs it with MobileMe.

Is it possible for somebody using iCal to sync this with google calendar so that I can view their calendar?

Is it also possible for me to then download their google calendar to my outlook so that I can monitor their calendar on my pc?

Many thanks in advance.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Yes to both.

What he needs to do:
    1) Go to me.com, log in, go to Calendar.
    2) In the calendar list on the left hand side of the page, press the share calendar button to the right of the calendar name.
    3) Select Public Calendar and hit Publish.
    4) He'll then see the calendars web address with an option to email the link. Get him to email you the link.
    5) Repeat for each calendar he wants to share

What you need to do.
    1) Open Google Calendar
    2) On the left hand side, hit Add, then select Add by URL. Paste in the URL that your boss sent.
    3) For outlook, there should be a similar option to subscribe to calendars.

3. budge9 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you soooo much for this. I'm normally good at computer stuff but syncing calendars is one thing I can't seem to get my brain around.

I think I know how to then add his calendar to my outlook, but should it then continue to sync and update itself on my outlook???

Thanks a million!

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

If you follow http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/o...be-to-internet-calendars-HA010167325.aspx#BM2 it should automatically update anytime it changes.