iCal and Google calendar server error?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vmv89, Aug 22, 2014.

1. vmv89 macrumors member

vmv89

I have synched iCal with Google Calendar and it seems that it is working fine. The items do synch. But I get this annoying message very often that the URL is incorrect (screenshot attached). How do I fix it?

I tried deleting the account and adding again, but it did not fix the problem.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

A) Can you post that beautiful wallpaper? :)

B) Do you know if that is the same URL you've used in the past?

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

How many devices do you have synching with Google Calendar? Google only allows one connection at a time to your calendars. If one device is currently synching, it won't allow another connection and that error is the result.

4. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

I was not aware of that. That is a strange limitation don't you think? Can you be using the web interface and a syncing device at the same time?

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It is a strange limitation. As far as I know, you can be on the web interface as many times as you want. The limitation only exists with the CalDAV protocol on Google's end.

6. vmv89 thread starter macrumors member

vmv89

I have attached the wallpaper. ;)

I deleted the account and added again so I guess it would update with a new URL?:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

7. vmv89 thread starter macrumors member

vmv89

I use google calendar on my Note 3 smartphone.
    Also wanted to use it here on my MBP and it seems it is working; just very annoying to receive these messages.

What other calendar services would you recommend?
    I tried iCal as my calendar, but for some reason it did not send email notifications (maybe because I am not using the Mail app as my client).

Google calendar, even though used in iCal does send email notifications as well as Note 3 Android notifications.

Thanks!:)

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Google is one of the better calendar services. How often do you have your machine checking the calendar for updates? You may have to extend the time to 15 or 30 minutes.

9. vmv89 thread starter macrumors member

vmv89

MBP iCal's default is 15 min (lowest value). I just changed to one hour; will see if this fixes the issue.

Thanks!

10. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

Thanks!