Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vmv89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
I have synched iCal with Google Calendar and it seems that it is working fine. The items do synch. But I get this annoying message very often that the URL is incorrect (screenshot attached). How do I fix it?

I tried deleting the account and adding again, but it did not fix the problem.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-22 at 10.14.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-22 at 10.14.34 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 194

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
A) Can you post that beautiful wallpaper? :)

B) Do you know if that is the same URL you've used in the past?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
How many devices do you have synching with Google Calendar? Google only allows one connection at a time to your calendars. If one device is currently synching, it won't allow another connection and that error is the result.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
How many devices do you have synching with Google Calendar? Google only allows one connection at a time to your calendars. If one device is currently synching, it won't allow another connection and that error is the result.

I was not aware of that. That is a strange limitation don't you think? Can you be using the web interface and a syncing device at the same time?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
It is a strange limitation. As far as I know, you can be on the web interface as many times as you want. The limitation only exists with the CalDAV protocol on Google's end.

vmv89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
A) Can you post that beautiful wallpaper? :)

B) Do you know if that is the same URL you've used in the past?

I have attached the wallpaper. ;)

I deleted the account and added again so I guess it would update with a new URL?:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Earth-Landscape-Art.jpg
    Earth-Landscape-Art.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 209

vmv89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014

I use google calendar on my Note 3 smartphone.
Also wanted to use it here on my MBP and it seems it is working; just very annoying to receive these messages.

What other calendar services would you recommend?
I tried iCal as my calendar, but for some reason it did not send email notifications (maybe because I am not using the Mail app as my client).

Google calendar, even though used in iCal does send email notifications as well as Note 3 Android notifications.

Thanks!:)

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Google is one of the better calendar services. How often do you have your machine checking the calendar for updates? You may have to extend the time to 15 or 30 minutes.

vmv89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
Google is one of the better calendar services. How often do you have your machine checking the calendar for updates? You may have to extend the time to 15 or 30 minutes.

MBP iCal's default is 15 min (lowest value). I just changed to one hour; will see if this fixes the issue.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.