ical and google calendar sync

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Yin, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Yin macrumors member

Hi

i'm sure there must be many other threads regarding this problem, however I couldn't find any.

I want to sync iCal with Google Calendar. I have several different calendars on my mac. I can establish the connection via preferences.

How can i sync all my calendars? I have tried for quite a long time, but did not reach an acceptable solution. My goal is to establish a sync between the two applications, but do not alter the appearance of iCal. When I try to sync more than one calendar, many headers aside from local and my google mail account are created..

Does anyone know how to do this?

It would mean a lot for me.

2. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

In iCal, select preferences, accounts.
    Select your Google account on the left hand side
    Go to "Delegations
    You can pick the additional calendars you want there.

R.

3. Yin thread starter macrumors member

thank you for the answer. if i do this, the header delegations appear. I do not want a header for each of my calendars.

4. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

Is that really a problem?

The other alternative is have them as ical subscriptions, but then you cannot change them in ical.

5. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

Another alternative is caldav

Log in into your Google Account, Go to Calendar, and select calendar settings

Select the calendar you want to set up

At the bottom of the next page (the with the selected calendar’s details), copy the Calendar ID value (shown as clear text) which can be found in the ‘Calendar Address’ section; the Calendar ID has the following sample structure: qwertyuiopasdfghjkl1234567@group.calendar.google.com

copy the Calendar ID

copy this into a text editor

Code:
    https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/qwertyuiopasdfghjkl1234567@group.calendar.google.com/user
    replacing the qwertyuiopasdfghjkl1234567 with your Calendar ID

Go to iCal,
    Select Preferences
    Add a new CalDAV account
    Expand the ‘Server Option’ dropdown and paste the aforementioned string into the ‘Account URL’ field.

You will need to create a brand new iCal account for each calendar you have set up on Google Calendar.