iCal and Leopard.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by reubs, May 1, 2008.

1. reubs macrumors 68000

I don't use iCal nearly as much as I would like to, but one thing that seems to be different from the Tiger version is the sidebar in which one could edit various event. Has the sidebar been abandoned in favor of the pop-up? If not, what am I doing wrong in not being able to access it?

Thanks for the help on this one...

2. reubs thread starter macrumors 68000

I'm going to bump this and try to clarify my question.

I'm in the habit of clicking an event and seeing all of the information (notes, directions, URLs, page numbers due, etc) in the sidebar info section. Having to double-click an even for a pop-up isn't the end of the world, but for me it's not nearly as convenient as having it all off to the side and not obscuring other dates.

Does this make sense? Can anyone help with it?

3. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

Unfortunately the side bar is gone, it is all pop up now.

4. reubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Well that sucks. I wish it was at least an option. The pop-up is nice, but it was also nice to have all of that info immediately handy as soon as I clicked on an event.

Oh, well, thanks for the info!

5. reubs thread starter macrumors 68000

I was looking back at some older posts of my own to find an answer to a question that I had forgotten, and I ran back across this one. Can anyone say whether this functionality has returned to iCal in Snow Leopard, or are we still stuck with the pop-up window?

6. Middling macrumors regular

7. reubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Well that sucks. To me, this little functionality is really about usability, and having at least an option would be nice. Thanks for checking, though!