iCal and Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Zuplar, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Zuplar macrumors regular

Zuplar

is there away to reinstall them? i don't want to lose any info, but i tried installing them with my Leopard disc, with no luck. so i tried with my Tiger disc and all it seems to want to do is reinstall everything. what can i do?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Install them from the discs you used to install the OS. In other words, don't install Tiger versions onto a Leopard computer. Can I ask where they went? Are you sure they're deleted?

Pacifist will help you extract them from the relevant OS disc.

3. Zuplar thread starter macrumors regular

Zuplar

i deleted ical originially. i inserted the disk and installed them, but they don't work.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

5. Zuplar thread starter macrumors regular

Zuplar

i'm not following what you are getting at i guess.

my macbook came with tiger. i upgraded using the leopard disc, and then deleted ical. now i'm trying to get it back and i used the leopard disc again and it installed it, but it doesn't work.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sorry. I was just trying to say that if you used the Tiger discs but had Leopard installed then you might run into troubles. Anyway, have you deleted anything else from your system? At worst, an Archive & Install should get everything back up and running but hopefully that's just a last resort.