ical and PC

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Boca, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Boca macrumors 6502

I have a macbook with ical that I love. In my office I have been on a PC and using a palm cal. Is there a way to load a matching ical on the pc and sync from my iphone ical to keep things on both cals? The PC I use is in another country from my home (US).
    Thanks for any help.

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

If you have mobileme you can log into your calendar through me.com

3. Boca thread starter macrumors 6502

Do not have mobile me, is there another way to use my work PC to sync with my I cal from my iphone? thanks

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

you can publish your calendar to a private server if that is any use to you.

5. Boca thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you I will try that as it is cost efficient! Thought there was a PC compatible cal that would sync with my ical. I hate having a PC at work and LOVE my Macbook.

6. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

perhaps I'm just a snob, but I find MobileMe cost efficent. $2.00 a week isn't much!

7. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

This only works for a one-way exchange though. While completing your PC-based work you can view this published iCal calendar, but you will not be able to add to it or edit it at all.

Unless something has changed in the last while that I haven't heard about...?

8. Wheaty macrumors regular

Wheaty

I've been getting to grips with iCal as I'm getting busier with work, and finding it good as I'm lousy with dates in my head..

I use the google calendar synced with iCal, which allows me to sync with many mobile platforms in the future..

It will also work with some Outlook versions, (unfortunatly not the one on my other half's PC :( ) And Mozilla SunBird?

Anyway, have a look through the google help, as if it will sync, it will happily be a good free middle man. I've only been using it a week, so I'm not an expert, but have found the Help section good.

http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/topic.py?topic=15305

Wheaty

9. Boca thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks all for the info. Since MM is wireless I am curious as to the data charges that I would get when out of the US and syncing with a PC? My office where the PC is hasn't got wifi so...will I have to turn on the data push? Mobile Me at 2.00 per month cost is one thing, but data use for me in Scandinavia is 50$ US per 20 MB. Not cost efficient or worth it. thanks again for suggestions.