iCal and Yahoo Calendar sync help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ks-man, Jan 18, 2009.

1. ks-man macrumors 6502a

I upgraded my Yahoo to the new beta and went through the instructions for iCal syncing:

http://www.glenscott.co.uk/2008/10/22/synchronize-ical-with-yahoo-calendar/

I'm pretty sure I set everything up correctly. If I add something to the Yahoo Calendar it does sync and show up on iCal, but it doesn't work the other way around. The article above does say it should work both ways.

Does anybody know what I should try to get it to work? Thanks.

2. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

So I just realized that it does work, but only for new events rather than existing events. I guess I just have to figure a way to publish the current stuff onto the Yahoo calendar.

3. Zuplar macrumors regular

Zuplar

hmm, not sure why yours isn't working. i followed the instructions, and mine works fine, even synced everything i previously had on there. i use Yahoo cal to sync with my Outlook at work and then with iCal at home. it's been working so far.

4. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

After spending a little more time it seems the issue is with publishing calendars and which calendars to subscribe to.

Ideally I want my Yahoo Calendar to subscribe to all of my iCal calendars. There seemed to be a problem with double entries. I also want to figure out how to subscribe to the iCal calendar on Yahoo privately but thus far only know how to do it if I publish the iCal calendar through a MobileMe server.

Essentially what I want is the iCal and Yahoo Calendar to be the same calendar viewable and editable on both rather than having an iCal calendar that Yahoo looks at and a Yahoo calendar that iCal looks at.

If you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it.