Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Both the wife and I have MobileMe accounts and share each others calendars.

Some of the appointments aren't showing up on her Macbook Air or the Mac Mini. However all the appointments show up on both iPhones and on me.com on both accounts. Basically they show up everywhere except the Macs.

Both Macs are set up correctly to sync with the MobileMe accounts for Mail, Contacts and Calendars. I must be missing something. Anybody have an idea of what may be going on?

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anyone???

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
WOW........nobody has ever experienced this or knows anything????

Need more info????:confused:

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
If this happened recently (as in the past couple of days) there has been outages in mobileme calendars - see: http://www.apple.com/support/mobileme/system_status_history.html

My iCal sync was inoperable on my macs (3) yesterday... Everything seems to be back up and running now...

If you experience issues with MM always check the status FIRST at: http://www.apple.com/support/mobileme/

If you already knew this please forgive :)

Thanks for the reply! I did not know about the Status check so that is good to know. Unfortunatley the Macs are still not in sync with everything else.:(

Will try calling Apple to see what they say, and keep checking here for any other suggestions.

maclaptop

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2011
Western Hemisphere
If this happened recently (as in the past couple of days) there has been outages in mobileme calendars - see: http://www.apple.com/support/mobileme/system_status_history.html

My iCal sync was inoperable on my macs (3) yesterday... Everything seems to be back up and running now...

If you experience issues with MM always check the status FIRST at: http://www.apple.com/support/mobileme/

If you already knew this please forgive :)
This is priceless advice for those that are new, or perhaps ones who have forgotten about this link.

Thanks for the reply! I did not know about the Status check so that is good to know. Unfortunatley the Macs are still not in sync with everything else.:(

Will try calling Apple to see what they say, and keep checking here for any other suggestions.
Here's my take for whatever it's worth (not much :))

I believe that slowly Apple is dismembering MobileMe as part of the last minute testing routine that must be done before it's time to convert all accounts over to iCloud. The reason I sense this is I've been a long time MobileMe user and the things I've experienced in the last few days are completely unlike some of the true "problems" of the past. I have experienced all kinds of odd behavior and some total outages of various durations.

Therefore I have just decided today, I'm pulling everything off MobileMe ASAP.

At which point I'm immediately migrating everything over to my Dropbox, Evernote, and MS SkyDrive services.

They are fast, stable and secure. I've used them for quite a while now so my confidence is high and the up-time has been flawless.

I'd much rather do this, than to be disconnected from my data or worse. If Apple at some point becomes overwhelmed with people experiencing the same things I have, there may be a mass exodus that adversely affects ones ability to retrieve their files.

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Here's my take for whatever it's worth (not much :))

I believe that slowly Apple is dismembering MobileMe as part of the last minute testing routine that must be done before it's time to convert all accounts over to iCloud. The reason I sense this is I've been a long time MobileMe user and the things I've experienced in the last few days are completely unlike some of the true "problems" of the past. I have experienced all kinds of odd behavior and some total outages of various durations.

Therefore I have just decided today, I'm pulling everything off MobileMe ASAP.

At which point I'm immediately migrating everything over to my Dropbox, Evernote, and MS SkyDrive services.

They are fast, stable and secure. I've used them for quite a while now so my confidence is high and the up-time has been flawless.

I'd much rather do this, than to be disconnected from my data or worse. If Apple at some point becomes overwhelmed with people experiencing the same things I have, there may be a mass exodus that adversely affects ones ability to retrieve their files.

I can definately see this happening and being the reason for the problems I'm having. Also Calendars with me.com is all but useless. One day we can login at our work PC's and the Calendars will be sharing with each other and the next day or even later in the day they are not, they lose the shared calendars. If it wasn't for out iPhones not missing a beat with our calendars we wouldn't be able to make it until the "Fall".

Oh well....thanks for the help and thoughts. Hopefully the transition to iCloud will be nice and smooth. :crossesfingers:

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
The only problem I seem to have is when my wife enters an appointment in her personal calendar when intended for our shared calendar. She then changes the calendar on the appointment but it does not sync. She has to delete it and re-add to the shared calendar as new.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.