iCal Attachments

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 2Evan, May 15, 2011.

1. 2Evan, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011

2Evan macrumors member

I attach files ('Add Files' in 'Get Info' window) to my iCal events on a daily basis. These events are repeated weekly. I want to keep track of everything that I've attached for a particular event. Why doesn't iCal carry my attachments over to the next week when I copy-and-paste an event? Can't find anything in the Preferences.

Also, when I select my files (usually PDFs) to be attached, I can't seem to be able to select more than one.

Weak, very weak!

Any way to resolve this?

Thks!

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Why are you copying and pasting an event to carry it over into the next week? Can you just set it up as a repeating event?

3. 2Evan thread starter macrumors member

No, I can't.

Same class, different activities. I used to simply copy and paste the event, and everything attached (Notes, URL, files) would come with it. Not anymore, only Notes and URL now.

4. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

Sorry to hijack, but how do you attach files? I can see option for it in Get Info, been wanting to do this for ages! :D

5. 2Evan thread starter macrumors member

@hollerz

Not sure if that's what you're looking for. But in iCal info window (Get Info or dble-click event window), simply click on 'Add Files', and you'll be in your Finder window choosing the file you want, unfortunately one at a time only.

Making the event daily, weekly, etc should carry over the files. Otherwise, see first thread.

6. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

In this window? I definitely don't see an option, or am I blind? :D

EDIT: Found it, seems you can only add files to events in calendars "On My Mac". All my calendars are on MobileMe, which doesn't have the option to add files :(

Thanks anyway! :D

Attached Files:

7. 2Evan thread starter macrumors member

Same here on Mr. iPad. F.R.U.S.T.R.A.T.I.N.G.!