iCal Availability Options

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Michael73, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Michael73 macrumors 65816

Coming from MS Outlook, I used to be able to code the status of calendar entries as "Busy," "Free," "Tentative," and "Out of Office." It seems iCal only has Busy and Free. At the very least, is there a way to add Tentative to the list if not Out of Office as well? :confused:

Since I use iCal for my business I have tons of meetings which are constantly being added, then moved and sometimes dropped. I'd really like to be able to put things as tentative.

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Create a Tentative Calendar, and make it a unique color. When it's confirmed, change the Calendar in the Edit Window to Free. Will that work for you?

3. Michael73 thread starter macrumors 65816

I thought about that, but it's really a kludgy sort of work-around since ideally I'd also want an Out of Office status which means another calendar (and color).

Personally, the whole color thing also gets to me since I'm color blind. The more colors I have to deal with the more of a pain it becomes. :(

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Would it help to increase the contrast in Universal Access to the maximum, or have you already done that?

Since I don't use the feature in question, maybe my workaround ideas aren't too helpful, but here's another...

How about a numbering system? 1=Out of Office, etc. Then you could sort them alphabetically to get all the 1's to rise to the top, and so on.