iCal Birthday reminder query

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by snerkler, Apr 19, 2012.

1. snerkler macrumors 6502a

I've only had my Mac several weeks and just gone into the iCal app. I've noticed that all Birthday reminders are repeated 3 times (See pic), why is this and how do I get it so it only shows once?

Cheers.

[​IMG]

2. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've ben back on icloud an managed to manually delete one of the calendars which got rid of 1 of the 3 notifications. To be honest, I don't know where those reminders have come from as they're not the birthday reminders that are in the calendar preferences. The only thing I can think of is that it's something to do with the ihappydays app, so I've deleted this app and also deleted the reminders.

I've now just set the birthday reminder within iCal, and also on the calendar on my iphone (the preferences settings don't seem to sync and so have to do each individually). I don't seem to be able to do this on iCloud calendar preferences though. Also, with the preferences on the iphone it allows you to set up automatic alerts for birthdays (either a day before, same day, and hour before etc), but I can't find it in the iCal preferences. I can go through each one separately and set up a separate alert for each and every birthday, but there's no default/automatic setting that does it for all birthdays like there is on the iphone. Is this right, or have I just missed it somewhere?