iCal : Cant change new calendar name.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ^^ CoolMacLover, Mar 21, 2010.

1. ^^ CoolMacLover macrumors regular

^^ CoolMacLover

When ever I go to make a new 'calendar' in iCal (4.0.1) it wont let me change the name from 'Untitled' to anything else... :confused: Please help.

2. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

When I hit the plus sign (= new calender) in iCal (same version you have), I get an "Untitled" calendar with the word "Untitled" marked in blue. I can write my new name in right off the bat.

If I don't do it right away, and want to change the name afterwards, I just double click on the word "Untitled", and it becomes marked with blue again. I can just write my new name in.

How exactly are you creating / trying to rename your calendars?

3. ^^ CoolMacLover thread starter macrumors regular

^^ CoolMacLover

I tried two ways, clicking the plus, and it made a new one once i made it i tried typing the new name and hit enter, it stayed 'Untitled'. I tried right clicking and going 'Get Info' and re-naming it there. Nope wont work. I tried making one, by right clicking in the area the listed calendars are and went 'new calendar' still wont let me re-name it :/

4. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Sorry, I don't know what to tell you. All those methods you describe work fine for me.

Could it be something with the permissions? It's your own account, and you have permissions to make changes? If you right-click on iCal from your apps folder and choose "Get info", what sort of permissions are listed?

5. ^^ CoolMacLover thread starter macrumors regular

^^ CoolMacLover

Im admin, i have control on everything! Muahahhaha *coughs* Lol. :(

6. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Check out post #5 in this thread. Does that help at all?

7. ^^ CoolMacLover thread starter macrumors regular

^^ CoolMacLover

no it doesnt :(

8. iwallace macrumors newbie

Change new calendar Names

The name I was using was not unique on my calendar. Through our company server we have a lot of calendars I subscribe to. I was trying to use the same name on a local calendar that was already being used on a Subscriptions calendar...iw

9. zozo42 macrumors newbie

i have the same problem.
    I have had another calendar by the same name in the past but have since deleted it (to the best of my knowledge) and now i can't create a new calendar with the same name.
    Any suggestions?

10. David Waring macrumors newbie

Its a device conflict

New reply to an old post. With a solution

I just had the same problem. It was clear that the calendar had been saved to iCloud with the name Untitled and whenever I tried to change it, it would get 're-synced' by other devices. For me it turned out to be my old iPad running IOS 5. Once I went to the iCloud settings and turned off the calendars, the changes I made in iCal stuck and were properly synced to other devices. I turned iCloud calendars on on the iPad and everything was just fine.