iCal closes itself.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by svkrzn, Aug 14, 2011.

1. svkrzn macrumors regular

Hello, a strange problem is happening to my ical once i upgraded to Lion. I usually keep iCal opened and i can identify all my opened apps by a blue dot under the icon. When i run iCal, when the main window is focused, it runs and works fine. If i click on the red close button (it shouldn't exit until i cmq+q it) and then change the focus to safari or mail.app, i notice that the blue dot under ical disappears and it closes itself. Is that a Lion bug or something else?

2. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; de-de) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Since it's lion ical, maybe it's ashamed because it looks so ugly. :)

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Well, MacWorld does not mention that, and I do not have Lion, but it could be that it now behaves like a "one window at a time" application. I've never had two iCal windows open at once, and can't seem to open two anyway - just tried. Someone with Lion will confirm if this is universal or just yours.

4. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

I am running on OS X Lion and my blue dot is staying there at all times. Not sure if it's a known bug but I am not getting it with iCal out of focus or in focus, etc.