iCal colors not synching

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BennyBlades, Jul 17, 2008.

1. BennyBlades macrumors newbie

In my iCal (iMac), I have six calenders color coded....example...work is blue, home is red, etc. On my iphone3g, work is now red, and others don't match either. Is there a setting I'm missing? Why don't the colors from ical to iphone match?

2. viggen61 macrumors 6502

Seems you're not alone...

From Apple Support Discussions:

IPhone 2.0 ical calendar colors

Apparently syncing over the airwaves via MobileMe works, but for some reason direct sync through iTunes does not...

:apple::apple:

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

If you have a MobileMe account you can go into Settings=>Mail, Contacts, Calendars=>.Mac Account and tap Calendars to on. This will sync the colors.

I'm not sure how to help if you don't have a MobileMe account.

I hope this helps.

4. Peterwdmd macrumors newbie

Had the same problem. I assume that you're using mobileme... you need to go into that mail account in settings and make sure "Calendars" is switched to "on". It will then coordinate with your desktop settings.

5. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

What about for those of us using Outlook? I've synced it with my MMe account...but the colors on me.com are not there as they are in Outlook... :(

Ideas? Or another failed Apple promise?

6. leodavinci0 macrumors 6502

Supposely the colors are given based on the order in which they are synced to the phone. Hopefully this is changed in the next update. Some folks in another forum are going through the lengths of finding ways to manipulate the order to get the colors right. Sorry no link, too lazy.

7. higgalls macrumors regular

Here is a link to a post on how to sorta sync the calendars so that they are the right colours: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=5804590&postcount=11

Hopefully they fix the problem soon though. It is driving me crazy.

8. Aikidoka macrumors newbie

Me Too.

9. SHIFTLife macrumors 6502

Ah, is that how calendar colors work? Separate color for multiple calendars? I guess I don't get the keeping of separate calendars... I keep one on my Exchange account at work that holds personal and work items. easier to maintain one.

10. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

i still don't see this fix in the new update. iCal is all jacked up. colors aren't syncing up or sometimes it create it's own event entirely for you.

11. cms2 macrumors 6502

cms2

this is my biggest disappointment with the iPhone. Unfortunately ical was the main reason I bought it. So much for everything just working when apple makes the hardware and software and whatnot. I can't believe apple missed this one.

12. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Here is what I do with Outlook.

I have mutlitple calendars and each calendar has it's own color. In MobileMe you can set the color for each calendar in "Calendar Info".

In Outlook for my main calendar I let the color default to Blue (which I set in MobileMe for that Calendar). For my other calendars (whiich are also Synced with Google) I use 1 Group for each Calendar and I set the matching color for that.

The Calendar on the iPhone matches MobileMe.

13. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm using MobileMe and the colors work for me.

So I'm sure that the person who said it's an iTunes-syncing problem is correct.

CONVERSELY, you can select which calendars you want to sync when using iTunes but you can't do this using MobileMe. You just get them all.

So in one case MobileMe is better, and in the other case iTunes is better.

I'm hoping this means it's ALL just bugs that will be worked out in a software update. They didn't handle MobileMe very well at first, I'm assuming it will all get better now that they've had a big shake-up in the department's management.

14. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I am havnig this problem too, and I am syncing via iTunes. But for me it is not like all of my colors are changed, they are all correct except for my two most popular calendars which it changed them both to orange (one was red, one was blue).