iCal Current Day Colour/Transparency

Sweener88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Im EVERYWHERE!
Hi,
I always find it hard when looking at the large iCal to see the current day. Is there a way to change the colour or the brightness of the current day colour fill? Thanks a lot for the help!

sierra oscar

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2006
South Australia, Australia
it's always been hard for me to see too - I have countless times been accidentally in one day and typed an apt in the wrong day b/c I couldn't quite see and thought I was right. After a few mishaps...I make a point of clicking the 'today' function and then counting the clicks from there.

As an aside: wish there were more colours for iCal cals... I'm reusing a few and it's a bit confusing.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
sierra oscar said:
As an aside: wish there were more colours for iCal cals... I'm reusing a few and it's a bit confusing.
You can choose any color you like for a calendar. Just use the color wheel and pick amongst the millions!

MoparShaha

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
sierra oscar said:
I've found that this isn't possible for me to do in iCal - any other app sure - unless there is a work around that you can share?
I think they were referring to the calendar color, as in the color of appointments for a particular calendar. Not the day highlight color, or the calendar background.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
sierra oscar said:
I've found that this isn't possible for me to do in iCal - any other app sure - unless there is a work around that you can share?
Do you choose the Calendar itself (from the top left Calendars window), and not any of the calendar items...?

Then it should be easy to choose the colour from the Calendar's info window:

Picture-1.jpg

Edit: Way to slow... shouldn't have bothered with censoring private data... ;)

Sweener88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Im EVERYWHERE!
lol back to the main pint of this post was the CURRENT DAY. by default its a high transparent blue background, can we change that?

Sweener88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Im EVERYWHERE!
lol no no no i wasnt angry by all means continue, i was just hoping to get my original question answerd its no problem at all mean, were all here to help each other ;)

sierra oscar

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2006
South Australia, Australia
I know you were being playful sweener - however I was also mindful I had inadvertently hijacked the thread somehow.

Still interested in knowing if this pale blue hue is adjustable myself - it's honesty barely there from any angle most of the time.