iCal default email

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hkbladelawkhk, Mar 16, 2011.

1. hkbladelawkhk macrumors member

Okay, this is annoying. Officially. I have a couple emails on my Mail app, and some STUPID reason, ical keeps using my work email to send the alarms. Under Mail Prefs >> Composing. My personal email is selected. Wth gives? Just added a new corporate email, and it sent like 15 alarms from it in one day. aahhhhhh!

How can I change it so it NEVER sends from my work email?

I've googled, no answers unfortunately.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I believe iCal sends alerts from the first email address listed in the card identified as "You" in Address Book. If you're unable to reorder the emails in the "you" card, then you'll probably have to create a separate Address Book entry for yourself with just the email from which you want iCal to send the alerts.

3. hkbladelawkhk thread starter macrumors member

I know, this was my understanding. But the two work emails it has sent from, aren't listed in my contact card. I think I know why though. I didn't have any of the emails in my contact card directly configured with Mail, they were both forwarding emails. :). Let's see if updating it worked! Thanks.