iCal difficulties

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by malfromcessnock, Apr 18, 2012.

1. malfromcessnock macrumors member

Hello board members - I have two issues at the moment with iCal. I hope some of you can help me sort them out.

1 - When I click on "Calendars" (top left) it show four calendars. I have only one checked. That one is called "Calendar" the others are "Personal Shopping : Mac" - "Home' and "Work"

Q - how do I delete the three I don't use? I can't even find where they reside on my computer.

2 - When I set a reminder on any specific calendar date I get multiple warnings on my iPhone 4s (os5.1) for each reminder. I have checked iCal and there is only one entry.

Q - why do I get these multiple reminders - it's clumsy and embarrassing.

Cheers, Mal

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

1- Select the Calendar and press CMD-Delete
    2- Do you have multiple calendars synced to your phone? Do you have the same one from say Google and via iCloud? It's easy to have multiple; just gotta be careful and delete the duplicates.

3. malfromcessnock thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your response.

I'll do the cmd delete thing to remove those calendars.

I don't use iCloud (mainly for this reason) I only use the default iCal Calendar - I can't work it out. Got any other ideas?

Cheers, Mal

4. robgendreau macrumors 68030

You are using something like iCloud to sync with your Mac, that's why the reminders show up.

In Settings on your phone what accounts do you have?

5. malfromcessnock thread starter macrumors member

Hey, thanks to everyone for your help so far.

To answer your question "robjendreau" I'm not using iCloud. I have it turned off in iPhone settings and also every option within iCloud turned off as well (just to be sure, lol)

Within the calendar app on my iPhone I only have one calendar and one birthdays, birthdays is turned off.

Thanks to CylonGlitch I now only have one calendar on my MBP.

It's such an annoying little problem.

I wonder if there are another checks and balances?

Cheers, Mal