iCAL doesn't sync calenders with .mac in leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by r88my, Oct 28, 2007.

1. r88my macrumors regular

Before installing leopard i synced all my data over to .mac, installed leopard (clean install) and synced everything back over. Trouble is, ical calenders didn't sync back at all for some reason in leopard. Unfortunately i didn't make any hard backups of my ical calender so I'm a bit stuck. Funny thing is though when i isync to my mobile, my backed up calenders appear on my phone so they are out there in cyberspace somewhere! Anyone else have this issue?

2. Nero Wolfe macrumors regular

Nero Wolfe

I know that .Mac has been having Sync issues for almost a week. I lost my Contact list for a minute, fortunately I had it on another Mac that hadn't sync'ed yet so Iwas able to export it and fix it. Until the little yellow light on .Mac turns green I am syncing stuff manually.

Supposedly it only affects Contacts and Bookmarks, but who knows.

3. gastrodoc macrumors newbie

ical leopard sync problems

I have the sam exact problem. I tried resetting the sync data with no luck. My calendars are also out in cyberspace as when I sync with my iPhone I also see my calendars from .mac. I think we will just need to wait until Apple fixes the problem with a software update.

4. lahamus@mac.com macrumors newbie

sync problems

I have been having the same problems, all my contacts disappeared and then reappeared. As well, I am caught in sync looping, where I keep getting conflict warnings, resolve them, and they come back again everytime I sync. I went into sync in the .mac preferences and forced write overs from my desktop to .mac and then form .mac to my laptop. For the moment that seems to have slowed things down, but I am tired of resolving hundreds of conflicts. . . . :mad:

5. r88my thread starter macrumors regular

Glad i'm not the only one having this bizarre problem... hope they release an update soon, i'm tempted to just build all my calenders again from scratch. What an oversight on apple's part - how could they not have noticed this while testing! :mad: