iCal Double Entries on iPhone

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by drtyndale, Aug 16, 2011.

1. drtyndale macrumors newbie

Hey all... I'm dealing with an irritating little issue. After upgrading to OS X 10.7 (Lion), I'm seeing a great deal of duplicate calendars showing up on my calendar on my iPhone (4.3.5). I am even seeing some calendars show up there that have been deleted from iCal on my MacBook Pro. I don't have MobileMe or Google Calendars syncing into iCal. These are primarily subscription calendars that are showing up but also some native calendars are starting to duplicate too. Any help would save me some sanity...

2. csjo00 macrumors regular

I haven't had this occur recently. When it happened to me a couple of months ago, I just unticked the box "Sync iCal Calendars in iTunes" then let it sync. Then retick the box and let it sync.

If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what to tell you. Good luck.

3. MacVibe macrumors regular

I have your problem and I am also syncing with google calendar. The problem isn't duplicates as much as triplicates and quadruplicates. This happens with lion and snow leopard. It happens on my computers and my iphone. There is a serious bug somewhere and it is definitely "an irritating little issue."

4. drtyndale thread starter macrumors newbie

unclicking and reclicking didn't help

I tried unclicking, syncing and then reclicking and resyncing to no avail. Thanks for the tip.

I was hoping that this was just a Lion issue... that's when it showed up for me. I was also hoping that the update that was released today (10.7.1) would fix it. Unfortunately, it did not. And you're right... I have quadruples (on my phone) of some of my calendars. Frustrating indeed!

5. drtyndale thread starter macrumors newbie

Update...

The Genius bar in the Apple store helped me resolve issue today. I can't tell you exactly what he did (because most of which he was doing quickly and I wasn't able to follow all of it nor do I know which click was the money shot)... but it involved deleting some caches of past (unnecessary) saved data... but I couldn't tell you exactly which or where. I'm just thankful to have it solved. Hoping that Apple comes out with a fix that prevents this from happening in the future. Sorry I can't be more specific.