iCal duplicate entries after Lion upgrade

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by abta1, Aug 11, 2011.

1. abta1 macrumors 6502

After upgrading from SL to Lion, I've noticed that all my iCal entries which are synced with my iPhone and iPad have become duplicated.

Is there a fix for this?

2. aldejesus macrumors regular

On iCal, go to preferences/accounts, how many you see? and witch type? (See Pic 1)

On the calendar tab, Upper Left corner(see Pic 2) how many do you have, Do you have duplicates?

Attached Files:

3. abta1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah that's done it, thanks. My gmail calendar was on there twice.

4. aldejesus macrumors regular

Good to hear the problem is solve. :)

5. drtyndale macrumors newbie

struggling with this

I, too, am having issues with this. I have duplicate entries. But I have checked the accounts, under preferences, and have no entries. But yet my subscriptions have duplicates on my iPhone and even old calendars that I have deleted from iCal are still showing up when I sync my iPhone. I've even tried replacing all the calendars on my iPhone with no avail.

Any ideas?

6. aldejesus macrumors regular

Verify:
    If you want to use iCloud, you need to disables the calendar sync feature on iTunes, if this its enable it will duplicate entries in most cases (Happened to me).

Second, verify on your iPhone, calendar tab (Upper left corner) what calendar are you using simultaneously i just leave iCloud, and it has worked without trouble.

Please let me know if your problem is solve.