iCal duplicates after 10.5.3 install...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by orangetrumpeter, May 28, 2008.

1. orangetrumpeter macrumors member

After installing Leopard 10.5.3 earlier today, and now opening iCal for the first time a few hours later, I have come to notice that every single event on my Calendars has been duplicated. Sometimes twice, and occasionally 3 times. Most of the duplicates are events that I have upload to the Calendar through an .ics file.

Since I have a lot of data, and rely heavily on my calendar (and having it sync to my iPod Touch) this is quite a problem. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

If you had iCal synching to .Mac and it was up to date re-synch iCal and have it replace everything on your local iCal. That would get rid of the duplicates.

3. orangetrumpeter thread starter macrumors member

Sadly no .mac.

My iPod touch hasn't been updated since I installed the update so everything on it is the "Correct way" wish there were some way to backup from that.

I have time machine running, is there any way to retrieve and replace an iCal file from the hours before I installed the update?

4. jive turkey macrumors 6502

That is strange. I didn't have any events duplicate, but I did have some calendars that I had previously deleted reappear. It was easy to delete them again so no harm done to me.