iCal duplication (NOT mobileme or iCloud!)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eliemb, Oct 13, 2011.

1. eliemb macrumors newbie

I updated to iTunes 10.5 to prepare for my iPhone 4S, and synced my iPhone 3G (yup) to create a recent backup for tomorrow. I noticed that iCal events created on my phone recently were not going on to my computer, and I realized that in iTunes, under the info tab, "Sync iCal Calendars" was unchecked, as was Contacts, so I checked both and resynced. iTunes copied EVERYTHING from my phone to my computer, without recognizing events as the same, so now I have duplicate of every event I created back through June (both on computer and phone), and each contact on my computer is also duplicated (just on computer). FYI I am not using iCloud or MobileMe or anything, just good old manual syncing!

Does anyone know a way around this, besides manually deletion? Honestly, I have less than 24 hours left of this phone and of course it continues to misbehave til the end!!

Thanks!

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

3. jgaz macrumors member

jgaz

easiest way is to get is all correct and update on your computer. Then when you sync to phone look at the very bottom of the info tab. there should be a option there to replace contacts and calendars with computer contacts and calendars