Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thefluff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
boston, mass
hey there,

a month or so ago i switched from an older PPC Mac G4 to a shiny-glossy screen MBP 13''. everything went almost smooth and i still haven't taken the time to do everything with it, i.e. moving photos and whatnots from the old to the new.

i moved all the info and preferences by backing up the entire user into my external HD and then making sure the .plist files were in the right place.... until i noticed today that my calendar did not transfer, and that's where the problem began.

i still have the old backup, and i tried the 'traditional' drag and drop of the iCal folder into the user\application suppor\iCal with the old folder from the same destination but it changed nothing. then i tried the HD's same thing, and it didn't do anything here, and i am now wondering... is there any other thing i should drag? what is it that i'm doing wrong? is it not that folder or not that path?

can i get some heeeeeeelp!?

thanks.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Try Export... then Import...
or
Backup... then Restore... from the File Menu on the appropriate Macs in turn.

For the Backup/Restore option, you'll need to copy the 6-26-10.icbu file to the other Mac.

thefluff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
boston, mass
Try Export... then Import...
or
Backup... then Restore... from the File Menu on the appropriate Macs in turn.

For the Backup/Restore option, you'll need to copy the 6-26-10.icbu file to the other Mac.

hey!!! thanks for the answer!
actually i went back to the basic things and imported the whole folder again and then went to the ~Library\Preferences\ and looked for the .plist file and replaced the new one with the old one.
done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.