iCal error that I can't figure out

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bigred7078, Oct 26, 2011.

1. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

My iCal on my Macbook Pro keeps jumping up and down and When I click on it I get this error pop.

[​IMG]

Does anyone know what this is from?

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

You've got iCal set to either subscribe to or sync with a Yahoo calendar, and when it tries to access the calendar it is getting an error. Not sure if that "502" is a bad gateway error (network issue) or something Yahoo specific, but regardless, it's not being able to connect for whatever reason.

You can check the password and configuration to make sure everything is set up right on that calendar, or if you didn't realize you were subscribed to a calendar, delete it (iCal -> Preferences -> Accounts).

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

I am also having trouble with the Yahoo calendar. It was working fine on both iPod Touch via wi-fi and MBP via ethernet/fios, then just stopped, and I know the password is correct as I re-entered it. Mail still works though. Maybe we should give Yahoo a week and see if they fix something.

** update..(2 mins after replying).. Now it's working again on both MBP and iPod Touch. Must have been something wrong on the Yahoo side.