Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Madpiper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2008
Hello, I just bought a new macbook, so I'm a recent convert. Though I have gotten most stuff down, I am still having problems with iCal. I have a online group gathering every friday and sunday at 9:00PM. What I want to do is set an event for every friday and sunday for the rest of the year, or 12 months. I have figured out how to set them by one day at a time, but surely there is a way to do this in a faster manner. Any advice or input that could shared with me would be absolutely awesome. Thanks! :D

:apple: Rules

BobZune

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
USA
Set two events - Friday and and Sunday. Double click to edit, click REPEAT and make them weekly (or custom) and set it up to your desires.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Set two events - Friday and and Sunday. Double click to edit, click REPEAT and make them weekly (or custom) and set it up to your desires.

no need to make one for each day

make an event. set to repeat and then select custom.
click each and highlight a friday and a saturday. and change the frequency to weekly.

Madpiper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2008
That definitely did it. I cannot believe I missed the repeat and custom buttons. Thanks so much for pointing that out for me. I have got my calendar the way I want it.

One last question if you don't mind, where's a good place to subscribe to calendars? I am just generally looking for holidays to be marked, or apple events.

Thanks again!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
That definitely did it. I cannot believe I missed the repeat and custom buttons. Thanks so much for pointing that out for me. I have got my calendar the way I want it.

One last question if you don't mind, where's a good place to subscribe to calendars? I am just generally looking for holidays to be marked, or apple events.

Thanks again!

i know you can find holidays in the list here: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/calendars/

might find others you like here too:

http://icalshare.com/

Madpiper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2008
Ok, now I have everything on my calendar that I want. Thanks a bunch for helping me out guys. You have my undying gratitude! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.