Ical Events for Multi able days

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Madpiper, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Madpiper macrumors newbie

Hello, I just bought a new macbook, so I'm a recent convert. Though I have gotten most stuff down, I am still having problems with iCal. I have a online group gathering every friday and sunday at 9:00PM. What I want to do is set an event for every friday and sunday for the rest of the year, or 12 months. I have figured out how to set them by one day at a time, but surely there is a way to do this in a faster manner. Any advice or input that could shared with me would be absolutely awesome. Thanks! :D

:apple: Rules

2. BobZune macrumors 6502a

Set two events - Friday and and Sunday. Double click to edit, click REPEAT and make them weekly (or custom) and set it up to your desires.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

no need to make one for each day

make an event. set to repeat and then select custom.
    click each and highlight a friday and a saturday. and change the frequency to weekly.

4. Madpiper thread starter macrumors newbie

That definitely did it. I cannot believe I missed the repeat and custom buttons. Thanks so much for pointing that out for me. I have got my calendar the way I want it.

One last question if you don't mind, where's a good place to subscribe to calendars? I am just generally looking for holidays to be marked, or apple events.

Thanks again!

5. BobZune macrumors 6502a

Oh yes, even better!

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i know you can find holidays in the list here: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/calendars/

might find others you like here too:

http://icalshare.com/

7. Madpiper thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, now I have everything on my calendar that I want. Thanks a bunch for helping me out guys. You have my undying gratitude! :D