iCal Freezing...please Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacGiver, Jun 16, 2009.

1. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

Hi everyone,
    My iCal is freezing...here is what i sent as a comment to Apple while sending the failure report.
    If anyone has an idea.
    Thanks
    X

Help!!!!!!!!
    This happened several days after i have syncronized with Google Calendar.
    Actually i do have my professional agenda on my work lap top which i transfer to google calendar and then my personal calendar that is on ical....as YOU (Apple) do not allow one way sync i had to do that!!! and now after several days my ical is freezing like hell...i cannot use it...as soon as i open it it freezes and i cant do anything. i have tried to restart, reinstall the last OS update (10.5.7)...but still it freezes...
    Is it due to compatibility issues with google cal? or the # of items i have on my google cal (i have many)
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thx

Attached Files:

2. MacGiver thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

3. turkay macrumors regular

turkay

4. superdudebt macrumors newbie

Just came across this thread from a Google search. I've been dealing with the same problem for more than a month. It started directly after installing GrowlMail.

I've followed the uninstall directions at these two links:

http://jimmitchelldesign.com/2007/12/23/more-on-leopard-mailapp-freezes/

http://erbmicha.com/2009/02/27/uninstall-growlmail-on-leopard/

From all I can tell, it uninstalled successfully, but iCal still crashes. If I do the turning off bundles thing, it seems to fix it, but when I restart the system, it just goes back to crashing again.

Is there a fix for this?? I'm sure hoping so! I really need my iCal back. If not, I guess I need recommendations for a new cal program.

Thanks in advance!

5. turkay macrumors regular

turkay

What i did was after i fire up Mail, quickly pressing "Command+," (shortcut for mail pref.) selecting GrowlMail and disabling the check box of "Enable GrowlMail" before it crashes.

6. superdudebt macrumors newbie

Well, the thing is, I've completely removed it. The preference item in my Mail preferences is not there any more. But iCal still crashes.

7. turkay macrumors regular

turkay

You may reinstall Growl Mail and try my way.

8. MacGiver thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

Personally i have not installed growlmail...but still it crashes...meaning it is opened but i cant do anything and my mbp fans start to be more and more noisy until i force quit ical. it happens since or a few days after i have started to syncronize ical with gmail google calendar...and i don't want to remove that function as i really need it.

so annoying...