iCal from iPhone to Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Nitro1, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Nitro1 macrumors 6502

I have a issue and i can not seem to find anything on how to fix it properly.

I have my iCal on my iPhone with data and i recently wiped my mac pro. I need to get the data from my iPhone to my mac without losing all my data. If i go into iTunes and sync the calendars it wipes all the data and i have to restore from back up.

I need the data. Is there a way to get it without having to enter each date individually?

Thanks

2. ahm macrumors member

I'm pretty sure you're screwed there. A similar thing happened to me. It's the only thing I don't like about the iPhone... that you can't just have access to your phone's data without iTunes and you have to resync it if you reinstall or get a new computer.

Maybe try syncing it with Google calendar (create a gmail account if you don't have one already) and see if it worked after by checking the calendar on the website. If so, then export the calendar to your computer and import it into iCal. Alternatively, you could just sync iCal with your new Google Calendar and keep your iPhone synced for endlessly backed up and syncing calendar fun.

If you don't want to sync forever or don't trust/want Google, you can always completely erase your Google account when you're done. (Google account settings>My Products>Edit>Delete Account).

How to sync iPhone with Google for push notifications:

After creating a gmail account:

Preferences>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Add Account>Microsoft Exchange:

Email: full address (you@gmail.com)
    Domain: leave blank
    Username: full address (you@gmail.com)
    Password: duh

Leave the rest blank, tap done. When it comes back and "server" becomes an option, enter, "m.google.com" (without the quotes)

Sync everything