iCal + Google Calendar = Duplicate Calendars

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mystikal, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Just got my new MBP today and am having a problem. I have googled using different terms and I havent found an answer yet. How do I stop this:

[​IMG]

2. Mystikal thread starter macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Bumping because its been 23 hours with no reply.

3. anotherarunan macrumors 6502

I dont think its a 'duplicate' calendar as such. I have my iCal/GCal set up in a similar way and it works fine - esp when synced with my Blackberry. I think its just the way GCal sends its calendar data to iCal. Yes it kinda looks untidy but as far as I know everything works ok.

If you do find a way to tidy up the sidebar - post it on here!

4. shadylady88 macrumors newbie

Duplicate entries in iCal and iTouch 4G

All my entries on my iCal are duplicated. Any fixes yet?:(

5. kristir macrumors newbie

Duplicates

I've been dealing with this too - new mac and also have an iphone. I'd like everything to stay synced without having to plug in my phone all of the time.

Shadylady: Do you still have the calendars originally on your iCal still checked? You can't have both your iCal calendars and your google calendars checked. Uncheck your iCal local calendars (the ones "On My Mac"). All of your calendars need to run through google to stay synced.

I'm not so happy with how this works - this is making me consider mobileme - especially since I also have an iphone.

As for the OP, that's how it has to be listed. They are not duplicate calendars. There's a way to get it to list it as

user@gmail
    Calendar

user@gmail
    Calendar2

The instructions to change it to that format can be found here:
    http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Calendar/thread?tid=4e5c309678c75983&hl=en

Hope this helps!

6. FocusAndEarnIt macrumors 601

FocusAndEarnIt