ical - google calendar sync

Discussion in 'macOS' started by shan50, Mar 7, 2010.

1. shan50 macrumors newbie

2. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

You cannot sync regular iCal calendars with Google, only MobileMe. You can move events into your Google calendar by doing File > Export... > Export... and it will make a file of the calendar. Then drag this onto your Google calendar, and it will merge them.

3. Wheaty macrumors regular

Wheaty

However...

If you create ALL your calendars on Google you can sync them all to iCal and beyond.

I have my Main Google calendar (once you choose it you cant change it!) my sailing calendar, my scouts calendar and my work calendar. My work one is actually hoasted by my collegues google account and is also editable by me.

With all of this going on I can sync between, iCal, Google, and my Phone (Nokia E71) in any order I like. The Triky bit bing the phone as it doesnt support multiple calendars (but thats another story!)

Wheaty

4. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

What do you mean by empty calendar and merge?

What you need to do is import each of your Google calendars and they show up seperately.

http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?answer=99358#ical has the directions (I think it's the link you had). Pay particular attention to Step 6 where you chose which calendars you want to show.

5. wilsonhaven macrumors member

Thanks for your post. All of my calendars are on Google too. The difficulty I'm having is that they only show up in iCal as read only. I end up bringing up a browser to create new events instead of making them in iCal. Can you share how you made the Google calendars RW from your Mac?

Thx!

6. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

You're not using CalDAV. Use the link I posted earlier.

7. Wheaty macrumors regular

Wheaty

Are you using your Full gmail address in your preferences?

ie.. myacc@googlemail.com
    not myacc@gmail.com

I just followed the instructions on google,.. the link provided and it worked happily.

Wheaty