ical has wrong date, how to reset?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Michaelgtrusa, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

I've just noticed ical has jul 17th, when I launch ical in corrects itself, when I close ical, it returns to jul 17th.

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Actually I think it has always been 17th July… I remember that date because it is my mom's birthday. ;)

And this…
    Link…

3. Michaelgtrusa thread starter macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Well it has never been this way for me until the 6.2 update and i've tried every thing and it's till broken.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Well, you don't say if you're talking about the Dock or the Applications folder. On mine (OS 10.5.8) the icon in the Apps folder always stays Jul. 17. In the Dock, it's always Today. If your Dock changes depending on whether or not iCal is running, you might have a corrupt plist file.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Let us be clear:
    1. If iCal is running, then its Dock icon will display today's date.
    2. If iCal is not running, then its Dock icon will display Jul 17.
    Understand?

6. Michaelgtrusa thread starter macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Let me help clear this a little more. I phoned Apple, they had me run through a list of possibilities that did not work. Next step, they had me reinstall ical and then run the combo update solving the issue. ical now displays the correct month and date.

7. sharkync macrumors regular

Mine is not running but is displaying the correct date - go figure. (OS X 10.6)

8. relbbircs macrumors regular

Remove iCal from Dock, then replace it

For some reason, if you've rebooted your machine with iCal in the dock, left unopened it will stay fixed although the date changes. Remove it from the dock then replace it. Now, it should keep the current date when open or closed, until the next time you reboot. Repeat as necessary.

9. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

My G4 running Tiger shows the wrong date while my Leopard and Snow Leopard installs show the correct date... Hmmm... I'll have to see what the fix is.

10. Vogue Harper macrumors 6502

Vogue Harper

I think you're the one not understanding actually. For Leopard or Snow Leopard, even if iCal is not running the dock icon displays today's date, it never displays 17 July in the dock except on 17 July.

Few suggestions for fixes in this thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=395610

11. Doju macrumors 68000

Let's be clear:

You're wrong.

[​IMG]