iCal, iPhone Calendar, and Google Calendar CalDAV question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LoneWolf121188, Jun 25, 2009.

1. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

So I've currently got iCal to sync (via CalDAV) to my Google Calendars. My iPhone then syncs to my iCal, obviously. However, I just got the 3.0 update and I'm a little confused about how to set up my iPhone to sync with my iCal/Google Cals via CalDAV. I understand you go to add account, other, etc. But then what happens to my existing calendars in the Calendar app? Should I just delete them all and replace them with new CalDAV ones? If I do that, what happens when I sync with iTunes (and iCal as a result)? Is iCal smart enough to realize that the CalDAV calendars I set up on my iPhone are the same ones as in iCal?

A better question is, why doesn't iCal just automatically set up my calendars on my iPhone to be the same CalDAV ones it has? That would eliminate all this confusion.

2. goldfingerOO7 macrumors newbie

Google Calendar

I believe you can have both. I only use Google calendar and have it sync with iCal. And I only sync over air. I don't connect to my MacBook that much, only for some music and games. I would think about using Google calendar for everything. You can set up multiple calendars and the iPhone will show a different colored dot for each one. If you just want to setup CalDAV, I did a little write up on my website. http://www.bengalaviz.com/blog/2009/03/18/iphone-30

But I would suggest you try Google sync. By far a lot easier. http://www.google.com/sync

3. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Just used your web site and it worked perfectly to get my wife's ical and iTunes to sync her calendars between google, ical on her macbook, and her iPod touch.
    Thanks for the help!