iCal issue using multiple accounts?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lankyman, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Lankyman macrumors 68000

I have been having a problem with iCal and wondered if I am doing something wrong or asking iCal to do something it isn’t capable of doing? My wife and I share the same desktop on our iMac i.e. we don’t have different logins. The desktop comes under my name and although we have different email addresses I thought/assumed we could use the iCal app using my email address and the wife using hers? This is where things have started to go awry. We both use Gmail through the Mac email client and it’s set up using IMAP – works well. Anyway I set up both email accounts in iCal and thought that would be that, alas not. Almost every time I open iCal the application crashes with the usual three options i.e. ignore retry etc. then if I can get it to open I get the second message restore windows etc. I often get a http303 error too.

I have noticed that the problem appears to be more with the wife’s iCal entries, there appears to be many duplicates of the same entry and deleting them causes the 303 errors. Now I have read that the deletion and 303 error is a Google issue and has only arisen since iCloud was launched? However, I’m not sure what is causing iCal to crash and a quick Google shows that many other users have had similar issues with iCal and Lion. I have also followed a suggested fix i.e. going into Libraries deleting cache in Cache and Calendars then deleting all apple.com.iCal entries in preferences – made no difference though.

If I disable the wife’s email address in iCal preferences and we just use my email account then iCal works OK. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

2. Lankyman thread starter macrumors 68000

Disappointing response - where have all the OS X experts gone from this forum? Not just these forums though as most Mac forums seem to be inhabited by youngsters with iPhone iPad problems these days with the "proper" Mac users having given up. :(