iCal issues w/ old email address for alarms

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by imac abuser, Apr 29, 2007.

1. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Hello,
    I had an old .mac account that I no longer have, but I have a new one. When I schedule something in ical to send an email reminder I'm getting bounce back messages from my old .mac account that is no longer there. Any idea how I can clear this out. I have checked everything I can think of, and it's getting old. Thanks Chris

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The e-mail(s) that iCal uses or lets you choose from are the e-mails identified in the "Me" card in Address Book. So, go to Address Book, and delete your old e-mail address. After that, I'm not sure if you have to make sure you don't have any old recurring appts with the wrong e-mail address, or not. You might have to do that manually.

3. vwDavid macrumors regular

I need a little help with this too.

I want to have my ical send e-mails to myself, but I can't change, delete or add e-mail address to ical. yes, I know to use address book. I have deleted my old card, made a new one set new e-mail addresses, save it all. closed and re opened ical but nothing works, nothing will update the listing in ical.

I need help.

thx

4. dmbik8 macrumors newbie

mail problems

Have you resolved your issue with the email and ical? I'm having the same problem. I just recently got a new email address and keep getting a mailer daemon using my old address.
    Can you please help?:(

5. Kurtmacpro macrumors newbie

re: vwDavid

I did the same thing, deleted my card.

You need to reassign your card.

Create your address card like you would for another contact.

Select your card you created and While still in your address book, go to the top tool bar.
    (by the apple icon, left hand top of your screen.)

You should see

"Address Book File Edit View Card etc..."

Select "Card"

While looking at the drop down box, find "Make this My Card"