iCal Lost all Calendars and Events after Upgrade to Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by asc88, Oct 26, 2007.

1. asc88 macrumors newbie

iCal Lost all Calendars and Events after Upgrade to Leopard

Any one else have this problem yet??
    I upgraded to Leopard today in the afternoon...everything went smooth until I opened up iCal...none of my previous settings are there. I did make a backup yesterday (running OS X Tiger) but for some reason when I choose Import from iCal menu....it does allow me to choose the backed up com.apple.iCal.plist file.

Any body know how to make this work?? I don't want to remake all the calendar events cuz that would be a real pain!!
    Thanks...

2. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

All of my emails disappeared after the install, but on the next restart they magically appeared. MY iCal dates have always been there (thank goodness--I couldn't imagine college without it).

3. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

I'm having the exact same problem. It will not restore to a back up file I created before the upgrade. If I use Backup.app, it says successful, but nothing actually happens. It's happened on both my Powerbook and iMac.

I'm really peeved at this, I had A LOT of stuff in iCal, and it's all gone!

4. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

5. rwhiffen macrumors newbie

I had the same problem the first time I launched iCal. I then quit, did some googling, found this thread and the apple discussions. I re-launched iCal, and before I could do any of the suggestions the calendars were back. So before you go and muck around too much with the backup folders and what not, I'd at least try to quit and restart iCal.... I do gather that some people are totally losing their calendars so this won't be the fix for everyone, but it's a quick thing to try first.

Rich