iCal manual orderin of to-do-items broken!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by johnmclane2000, Jul 17, 2008.

1. johnmclane2000 macrumors newbie

Hi folks,

in iCal setting the order of to-do-items to manual is not working properly. When I order the items the way I want it only takes me adding another item or quiting and restarting iCal for the order to revert back to the previous state and not the one desired.

Does anyone else have this problem? More importantly, does anyone know how to get rid of this bug?

Many thanks in advance!

John

PS iCal 3.0.4 / 10.5.4

2. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I don't have this particular problem. I just set mine to manual, arranged the items in to do how I want them, added new ones, and quit iCal with no problem. It did not reset on mine.

I am using Tiger 10.4.11 and iCal 2.0.5...what versions are you using would be my first question?

my next question would be...have you searches either the MacRumors forum or Apple Support forums for a possible issue?

Have you subscribed to any iCal calendars or downloaded any calendars recently?

If you can't seem to solve the problem, there are some terrific to do software programs out there...much better than iCals. I use iCal for my calendar due to being able to sync three computers easily, but am switching to a new to-do program for my to do lists. Search Macrumors forums for a to do list thread- there are several and I can't remember the names of the ones I was recommended when I posed that question a while back.

good luck.