iCal meeting requests to Outlook

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mctrees02, Feb 26, 2009.

1. mctrees02 macrumors member

From reading around online it looks like this just isn't a possibility but I wanted to double check as everything I've found is over a year old.

I've read a few people that said to change the file extension from .ics to .icss and then the receiver just needs to re-name it .ics once they get it and then it will add to their Outlook. Can anybody confirm that this works?

2. knmlee macrumors newbie

I spent a few hours (using info from the old posts you mentioned) trying to get this to work with no luck. I gave up for now. Haven't tried renaming the .ics file but not sure how you could persuade your recipients to bother with this anyway.

One thing that does work is to send invitations through Entourage. I just switch over to Entourage, send the meeting invitation, sync my calendar, quit Entourage and then carry on with iCal.

I hope Apple fixes this in the future. While we may not like it, most of people in the business community use Exchange/Outlook. Its kind of hard to ignore them all when scheduling meetings.