Ical newb question.......

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BoerdImac, Apr 14, 2011.

1. BoerdImac macrumors newbie

Ok so let me start by saying sorry I suck with my Iphone.

It's a Iphone 3GS and here is my problem. whenever I sync my Ical on my Iphone with my Imac the problem I get is all my computer Ical data goes on my Iphone and all my Iphone data is erased. now thats nice and all but I would prefer if my phone data went onto my Imac and my Imac data would go onto my Iphone. but so they're mirrored that way I see everything coming up on both devices.

so what am I doing wrong?:confused:?

2. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

When you plug in your phone, what is being displayed under "info" and "advanced" in iTunes (when you click on the device in iTunes)?

You should see an option called "replace information on this iPhone." This needs to be UNCHECKED for all four options (contacts, calendars, mail accounts, and notes).

Also, are you using MobileMe to sync?

3. BoerdImac thread starter macrumors newbie

well when i go into my iphone and click info i see my Ical, Email, etc....

and when i go into there i already had replace info unchecked in my ical so whats going wrong? (does it have to unchecked for all four for it to work with just one?)

and what do you mean using mobile me to sync?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It’s a two-way sync. Whatever you change in iCal will be changed in Calendar when you sync, and vice versa. So, you’ve synced the iPhone with your iMac. You should have the same info on each. What are you actually doing?

5. BoerdImac thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm just plugging it in opening Itunes and syncing..... and it still won't work :mad: