iCal not showing birthdays (LION)

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by aoaaron, Oct 11, 2011.

1. aoaaron macrumors 6502

I went to preferences, clicked birthdays. Then I made sure it was ticked on the calenders... still none shown. I imported it to mobileme and checked... the birthdays were all there but my iCal is simply not displaying them. My iPhone can see them all, my MBP's iCal can't. help please!

2. k.alexander macrumors regular

k.alexander

I went to iCloud.com and my Birthdays calendar, although checked, isn't showing any info on the actual calendar. Anyone?

3. johto macrumors 6502

johto

Same here. Must be a bug.

4. k.alexander macrumors regular

k.alexander

My wife's account, seems to have the same problem. The birthdays were definitely showing up there (on the Birthday subscription calendar) before. Now they're gone.

On the phone with Apple right now. They sound pretty clueless.

5. brownbottle macrumors newbie

birthday calendar lost from ical

i had this problem...
    in ical go to calendars, un-tick the birthdays calendar, then go to preferences and un-tick 'show birthdays calendar', then fully quit ical, re-open ical, go to preferences, re-tick 'show birthdays calendar', birthdays reappeared!
    ... worked for me... :)

6. Iona macrumors newbie

Birthdays in ical

I had this problem. I was adding my accounts separately in each app (mail, ical, address book) - If you go to apple - system prefs - mail, contacts & calendars.....you can add your accounts here (for all apps I think) .... but then also tick the boxes to make all apps talk to one another! Worked for me -Birthdays showed!!! hope this works for you.
    My concern now, is how to make address book the place where all other devices etc sync "from". (Not really sure how sync-ing works).
    I have an andriod phone (samsung galaxy) & save my contacts to googlemail via the phone.
    I have synced my address book with googlemail (so all contacts have appeared) but now if I tidy up my address book - will it be overidden by phone/googlemail, next time they have a chat!
    Cheers in advance for any help on this.

7. iGnome macrumors newbie

This worked for me as well :)

This worked for me as well. Thanks for taking the trouble to post.

8. Novabot macrumors newbie

Adding Birthdays to ICAL MacBook Pro 10.7.5

Open ICAL then click on Calendars in upper left top. Put a check mark in Birthdays. Go to you address book. Click on Address Book, preferences, template and add the field Birthdays. Click on one of your addresses and edit it. Birthdays should come up now. Add a birthday. Go back to your calendar and it should be listed on that date you entered. Good Luck.