ical not syncing correctly with google

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by archdelux, Oct 25, 2011.

1. archdelux macrumors 6502

Per this page below, google says it's a known issue, but just wondering why others haven't had this issue--or, more importantly--how I can resolve it..

My calendar syncs fine, but I cannot move or delete events on my computer and have that translate to google servers (and thus my phone/ipad). Creating events works no problem. Any workarounds?

http://www.google.com/support/calend...&action=report
    (click on the second to last link there)

EDIT: Just another note.. my iOS devices sync beautifully still (iphone, ipad) with google. But it is my computer ical that does not sync with google and thus does not sync with my iphone/ipad..

2. archdelux thread starter macrumors 6502

Or if anyone could chime in - does anyone else have this issue (or NOT have this issue with google) so that I can get a better sense of if it is a systems issue or specific to my devices/accounts?

3. snowydog macrumors 6502

I have the same issue

I add an event in iCal on MacBook pro and it does NOT sync with my android or my online google calendar or my ipad2

whereas if I add event on android phone or iPad, or online google, it syncs no problem??

4. Samimac macrumors newbie

Does anyone have a good alternatives for google calendar. It currently sucks big time in my business with multiple calendars and employees. It seems really hobbyist solution not business solution. Can I do the same with iCloud (Calendar sharing, outlook calendar/Exchange features etc.)?

5. drbroom macrumors member

BusyCal

I hate to say it but the one work around I have found so far is to pay for something we have always had for free...

Last month when I HAD to upgrade to 10.7 (something I really didn't want to do for a multitude of reasons) I found that there were some many problems with iCal that I decided to try using BusyCal. I bit the bullet and paid $50 each for 3 copies (was NOT happy about it I will add); what I found was that it solved a multitude of sins.

Just my $0.02